Presentations are a crucial aspect of numerous professional and educational settings. Google Slides is an efficient tool that allows users to create, modify, and deliver presentations. However, while making a presentation, you may need to zoom into specific areas on a slide to emphasize or explain a point. Surprisingly, a lot of users are unaware of how to execute this task. This blog post will guide you on how to zoom in on Google Slides while presenting.
Using the Zoom Functionality in Google Slides
Unfortunately, Google Slides itself does not support zooming in during a presentation. However, there are certain workarounds that can be employed to achieve the desired result.
Using Chrome’s Zoom Feature
One way to zoom in while presenting on Google Slides is to use the zoom feature of the Google Chrome browser. To do this:
- Start your Google Slides presentation.
- Hold down the Ctrl button on your keyboard.
- While holding the Ctrl button, scroll up using the mouse wheel to zoom in. Scroll down to zoom out.
Note: This method works only when you are presenting in Google Chrome.
Using a Third-Party Extension
Another method to zoom into your slides while presenting is to use a third-party extension, like Zoom for Google Chrome. Here’s how to do it:
- Download the Zoom for Google Chrome extension from the Chrome Web Store.
- Start your Google Slides presentation
- Click on the extension icon in the top right corner of your browser and adjust the zoom level.
Note: Make sure to adjust your zoom level before transitioning to the next slide, as the zoom level will reset with each slide transition.
Despite the lack of a built-in feature to zoom in while presenting in Google Slides, the methods mentioned above provide practical alternatives. They allow you to focus on specific details during your presentation, making it more dynamic and engaging. Happy presenting!