Google Docs has become a staple for creating and sharing documents. It offers many features, but one that often leaves users stumped is the ability to write text sideways or vertically. If you are one of those who is struggling with this, you have come to the right place! This blog post is your comprehensive guide on how to write sideways in Google Docs.
Method 1: Using a Text Box
One simple method to add vertical or sideways text is by using a text box. Here’s how:
- Open your Google Docs document.
- Click on Insert from the menu bar and then select Drawing and New.
- Within the drawing panel, click on the Text box button represented by the ‘T’ icon.
- Draw your text box in the space and type your text.
- Now, click on the text box to select it.
- At the top right corner of the text box, you will see a circular arrow. Click and drag it to rotate your text box.
This way, you can rotate your text box to any angle, thereby writing sideways in Google Docs.
Method 2: Using Google Slides
Another method is to use Google Slides, as it allows for more flexibility in rotating text. Here’s how to do it:
- Open Google Slides and create a new slide.
- Click on Text box in the toolbar and draw it on the slide.
- Write the text you want to be vertical or sideways.
- Click on the text box to select it.
- Use the circular arrow at the top of the box to rotate your text.
- Once done, copy the text box and paste it into your Google Docs document.
Now you have your text written sideways in your Google Docs document.
These are two simple methods to write text sideways in Google Docs. Experiment with these methods and find what works best for your needs. Happy writing!