AWeber is a popular email marketing platform that allows businesses to send newsletters, promotional emails, and other types of messages to their subscribers. However, sometimes these emails can end up in the spam folder instead of the inbox. To ensure that your AWeber emails are delivered to your subscribers’ inboxes, you need to whitelist AWeber.
What is Whitelisting?
Whitelisting is a process where you add an email address or domain to your email provider’s list of trusted senders. This means that any emails coming from that sender will be automatically delivered to your inbox instead of the spam folder.
How to Whitelist AWeber
- Open your email provider’s website and log in to your account.
- Look for the settings or preferences section and click on it.
- Find the option to add a sender or domain to your trusted senders list. This may be called something different depending on your email provider, but it should be easy to find.
- Enter the AWeber email address that you want to whitelist. This is usually “[email protected]” or a similar address.
- Click on the save button to add the sender to your trusted senders list.
Why Whitelist AWeber?
Whitelisting AWeber is important because it ensures that your subscribers receive all of your emails, including newsletters, promotional messages, and other types of content. If your emails are being delivered to the spam folder instead of the inbox, your subscribers may miss out on important information or offers.
Whitelisting AWeber is a simple process that can have a big impact on your email marketing efforts. By adding AWeber to your trusted senders list, you can ensure that your emails are delivered to your subscribers’ inboxes and increase the chances of them opening and engaging with your content.