Microsoft Word is a versatile tool that supports a vast array of languages, including Tamil. However, to view the Tamil font on MS Word, specific settings need to be adjusted. This blog post will guide you through these settings, step by step.
Step 1: Activating Tamil Language in Windows
Before we start with MS Word, we need to ensure that your Windows operating system is set up to support Tamil. Here’s how you can do this:
- Go to Windows Settings by clicking on the Start button.
- Select “Time & Language”.
- Under the “Language” tab, click on “Add a Language”.
- Search for “Tamil” and add it as a preferred language.
Step 2: Setting up Tamil Font in MS Word
Once you’ve set up Tamil as a preferred language in Windows, you can start using it in MS Word. Follow these steps:
- Open MS Word and click on the File menu.
- Go to Options.
- Under the Word Options dialogue box that opens up, click on Language.
- Under the Choose Editing Languages section, select Tamil from the dropdown menu and click on Add.
Step 3: Using Tamil Fonts in MS Word
Now that Tamil is set up in both Windows and MS Word, you can start typing in Tamil. Here’s how:
- Open a new or existing document in MS Word.
- On the taskbar, switch the language to Tamil. You should now be able to type in Tamil.
//Here is a sample code to change language in taskbar InputLanguage.CurrentInputLanguage = InputLanguage.FromCulture(new CultureInfo("ta-IN"));
Please note that to type in Tamil, you might need a Tamil keyboard or a transliteration tool that can convert your English keystrokes into Tamil.
And that’s it! You can now view and type in Tamil in Microsoft Word. While this process might seem complex at first, it becomes quite simple once you’ve done it a few times. So go ahead, give it a try and explore the beautiful Tamil language in your documents!