Google Slides is a favorite tool for creating presentations, used by students, educators, and professionals worldwide. One of the many customization options it offers is the ability to incorporate transparent images, offering a seamless integration of visuals into your slides. In this blog, we will guide you on how to use a transparent image in Google Slides.
What is a Transparent Image?
A transparent image has one property that sets it apart from regular images – it has no background. This means that when you insert it into a slide, there won’t be a white or colored box around it. Instead, it will blend into the slide’s background. Such images usually come in the PNG or GIF format.
How to Insert a Transparent Image in Google Slides
Follow the steps below to insert a transparent image in Google Slides:
- Open your Google Slides presentation.
- Select the slide where you want to add the transparent image.
- Click on the Insert menu, then choose Image, and finally select Upload from computer if you have the transparent image on your computer.
- Find and select the image you want to insert, then click Open.
- Once inserted, you can resize and move the image as needed.
How to Make an Image Transparent in Google Slides
Google Slides also allows you to make an image background transparent, although it’s not as straightforward. Here are the steps:
- First start by inserting an image into your slide. Follow steps 1-4 from the section above.
- Click on the image to select it, then choose the Format Options from the toolbar.
- In the Format Options panel that opens on the right, select Adjustments.
- Under Adjustments, find the Transparency slider.
- Drag the slider to adjust the image transparency as per your needs.
That’s all there is to it! Now you know how to use and make a transparent image in Google Slides. Remember, using transparent images can make your slides look more professional and appealing. So, start exploring and making your presentations stand out!