With the rise of remote work and on-the-go document editing, it’s no surprise that Google Docs has become a staple for many professionals, students, and casual writers alike. But what about when you need to format your document on your iPhone? In particular, how do you add tabs?
Google Docs on iPhone does not have a tab key like a physical keyboard, making it tricky to format your document with tab spaces. Fret not; we have a workaround to help! This blog post will guide you on how to add a tab in Google Docs on your iPhone.
Inserting a Tab in Google Docs on iPhone
Here are the steps you can follow to insert a tab in Google Docs on your iPhone:
- Open the Google Docs app on your iPhone.
- Open the document where you want to insert a tab or create a new one by clicking on the ‘+’ button.
- Position your cursor where you want the tab space to be.
- Click on the “+” button at the top right corner of the iPhone keyboard. This will open a dropdown menu.
- Select “Special Characters” from the dropdown menu.
- Scroll down and find the ‘Arrow’ symbol category and select ‘Right Arrow’. This arrow will serve as your tab space.
- Click ‘Insert’ to add it to your document.
This method may not perfectly resemble a tab space from a desktop keyboard, but it closely mimics the effect of a tab space and can help improve the formatting and readability of your document.
While Google Docs on iPhone doesn’t inherently include a tab feature like its desktop counterpart, there are ways to simulate it for a more streamlined document editing experience. We hope this guide has been helpful in understanding how to tab in Google Docs on your iPhone. Happy editing!