When you encounter issues on your Windows 11 system, the built-in Troubleshooters can come in handy. These tools can identify and fix various problems related to hardware, network, and software. In this blog post, we will walk you through the steps to run the Windows 11 Troubleshooter.
Accessing the Troubleshooters
To access the Windows 11 Troubleshooters, follow these steps:
- Right-click on the Start button or press
Win + Xto open the Power User menu.
- Select Settings from the menu to open the Settings app.
- Click on System in the left sidebar.
- Scroll down and click on Troubleshoot.
Running a Troubleshooter
Once you’ve accessed the Troubleshooters, follow these steps to run one:
- Select a category related to the problem you’re experiencing, such as Internet connections or Printer.
- Click on the specific Troubleshooter you want to run. For example, if you’re having issues with your printer, select Printer.
- Click on Run the troubleshooter button. The Troubleshooter will open in a new window and start scanning for issues.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to resolve the detected issues. If the Troubleshooter can’t fix the problem, it will provide you with recommendations or additional resources to help you resolve the issue.
Using the Command Prompt to Run a Troubleshooter
You can also run a Troubleshooter using the Command Prompt or PowerShell. Here’s how:
Win + Sto open the Search box and type Command Prompt or PowerShell.
- Right-click on the result and select Run as administrator.
- Type the following command to list all available Troubleshooters:
msdt.exe /id TroubleshooterID
Replace TroubleshooterID with the corresponding ID of the Troubleshooter you want to run. For example, to run the Network Adapter Troubleshooter, use the following command:
msdt.exe /id NetworkDiagnosticsNetworkAdapter
Enterto run the command. The Troubleshooter will launch in a new window.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to fix the issues detected by the Troubleshooter.
Windows 11 Troubleshooters offer an easy way to diagnose and fix various issues on your computer. Whether you access them through the Settings app or Command Prompt, these tools can save you time and effort when resolving problems. Don’t hesitate to run a Troubleshooter when you face any issues with your Windows 11 system.