If you’re a die-hard Pokémon fan, chances are you’ve played Pokémon Ruby on your Game Boy Advance. It’s a classic game filled with exciting battles, numerous Pokémon to catch, and countless adventures to embark upon. However, there might come a time when you want to wipe the slate clean and start a new adventure. In this blog post, we’ll show you how to restart your Pokémon Ruby game, whether you’re using an actual Game Boy Advance or an emulator on your device.
For Game Boy Advance Users
If you’re using an actual Game Boy Advance to play Pokémon Ruby, restarting your game is quite simple. Just follow these steps:
- Turn on your Game Boy Advance with the Pokémon Ruby cartridge inserted.
- Wait for the intro sequence to finish playing and the start menu to appear.
- Press and hold the following buttons simultaneously: Up, Select, and B.
- A prompt will appear, asking if you want to delete your saved data and restart the game. Select “Yes” to confirm.
- Your game will now restart from the very beginning, allowing you to create a new adventure!
For Emulator Users
If you’re using an emulator on your computer or mobile device, the process is slightly different, as you’ll need to delete the save file associated with your Pokémon Ruby ROM. Here’s how to do it:
- Close your Pokémon Ruby game if it’s currently running in your emulator.
- Navigate to the folder where your emulator stores save files. This might vary depending on the emulator you’re using, but common locations include the same folder as your ROMs or a dedicated “Saves” folder.
- Locate the Pokémon Ruby save file, which should have a file extension like .sav or .sgm and share the same filename as your Pokémon Ruby ROM.
- Delete the save file. This will remove your saved game data and allow you to start a new adventure.
- Open your emulator and run the Pokémon Ruby ROM. Your game should now start from the beginning!
A Word of Caution
Keep in mind that restarting your Pokémon Ruby game will permanently delete your saved data, including all the Pokémon you’ve caught, the badges you’ve earned, and any in-game items you’ve collected. We recommend backing up your save file in a separate folder if you think you might want to return to your current adventure later.
Now that you know how to restart your Pokémon Ruby game, you can begin a brand-new adventure and embark on a thrilling journey to catch ’em all once again. Good luck, Pokémon trainers!