Microsoft Teams is a popular collaboration tool used by many businesses and organizations. However, there may be instances where you need to remove it from your computer or device. In this article, we will guide you through the process of removing Microsoft Teams permanently.
Uninstalling Microsoft Teams
The first step in removing Microsoft Teams is to uninstall it from your computer or device. Here are the steps to follow:
- Open the Start menu on your Windows computer.
- Search for “Microsoft Teams” and click on the app icon.
- Right-click on the app icon and select “Uninstall.”
- Follow the prompts to complete the uninstallation process.
Deleting Microsoft Teams Files
After uninstalling Microsoft Teams, there may still be some files left on your computer or device. To completely remove all traces of Microsoft Teams, you need to delete these files. Here are the steps to follow:
- Open File Explorer on your Windows computer.
- Navigate to the “C:\Program Files” folder.
- Delete the “Microsoft Teams” folder and all its contents.
Disabling Microsoft Teams in Office 365
If you are using Microsoft Teams as part of your Office 365 subscription, you may need to disable it from the Office 365 admin center. Here are the steps to follow:
- Log in to the Office 365 admin center.
- Navigate to “Settings” and then “Services & Add-ins.”
- Find “Microsoft Teams” in the list of services and click on it.
- Click on “Disable” and follow the prompts to complete the process.
Removing Microsoft Teams from your computer or device can be a simple process if you follow the steps outlined in this article. By uninstalling the app, deleting its files, and disabling it in Office 365, you can ensure that all traces of Microsoft Teams are removed permanently.