Microsoft accounts can be a convenient way to log in to your Windows 10 device, but sometimes you may want to remove an account for privacy reasons or to avoid confusion between multiple accounts. In this blog post, we will cover how to remove a Microsoft account from your Windows 10 computer.
Method 1: Remove Microsoft Account through Settings
- Press Windows key + I to open the Settings app or click the Start button and select the gear icon.
- Select Accounts from the Settings menu.
- Click on the Email & accounts tab in the left pane.
- Under the ‘Accounts used by other apps’ section, locate the Microsoft account you want to remove and click on it.
- Press the Remove button that appears.
- A confirmation dialogue will pop up. Click Yes to confirm the removal of the Microsoft account.
Please note that this method will not delete your Microsoft account completely; it will only remove the account from your Windows 10 computer.
Method 2: Remove Microsoft Account by Switching to a Local Account
If you are using a Microsoft account as your primary account on your Windows 10 computer, you can switch to a local account to remove the Microsoft account.
- Open the Settings app by pressing Windows key + I or by clicking the Start button and selecting the gear icon.
- Click on Accounts.
- Select Your info from the left pane.
- Click on the Sign in with a local account instead option.
- Enter your Microsoft account password and click Next.
- Fill in the required information for your new local account and click Next.
- Click on Sign out and finish to complete the process.
After switching to a local account, you can follow Method 1 above to remove the Microsoft account from the ‘Accounts used by other apps’ section if needed.
Removing a Microsoft account from your Windows 10 computer is a simple process that can be done through the Settings app or by switching to a local account. If you ever need to add the Microsoft account back to your computer, you can do so by following the same steps above and clicking the ‘Add an account’ option. Keep in mind that removing an account from your computer does not delete the account itself; it only removes the connection to that account on your device.