With the rapid advances in design software, Figma has made a name for itself as an intuitive design interface that allows users to create beautiful and professional designs with ease. One of the most common things you may need to do when working in Figma is to remove the background from an image. This can be a bit tricky, but with the right steps, it can be done quite easily. So, let’s dive right into it.
Step 1: Open Figma
To start, open Figma application on your computer. If you haven’t installed Figma yet, you can download it from its official site or use the web-based platform. Create a new project or select an existing one where you wish to remove the background.
Step 2: Select Your Image
Once you’re in the correct project, select the image from which you want to remove the background. This can be done by clicking on the image.
Step 3: Select the “Image Crop & Mask” Function
After you’ve selected your image, go to the toolbar at the top of the screen. Here, click on the ‘Image Crop & Mask’ function. This will allow you to edit the image, including removing the background.
Step 4: Apply a Vector Mask
The next step is to apply a vector mask. This is what will allow you to remove the background. Follow these steps:
- Create a shape that covers the part of the image you want to keep. This can be done by using the ‘Rectangle’ tool in the toolbar.
- Select both the image and the shape you just created.
- Click on ‘Use as Mask’ in the toolbar. This will apply the created shape as a mask.
Step 5: Remove the Background
Finally, you’re ready to remove the background! To do this:
- Select the image.
- Go to the ‘Fill’ settings in the right-hand sidebar.
- Click on the minus (-) sign next to the background color. This will remove the background from your image.
That’s it! You’ve successfully removed the background from an image in Figma. It’s a simple process once you know the right steps. Remember, Figma is a powerful tool and there’s much more you can do with it. So keep exploring and happy designing!