If you’ve accidentally deleted your passwords in Google Chrome, don’t despair. Despite what you may think, all is not lost. There is a way to recover your passwords and regain access to your accounts. Here’s how you can do it.
Method 1: Using Google Chrome’s Built-In Features
The first method is simple and straightforward. Google Chrome has a built-in feature to recover your passwords. Here are the steps:
- Open Google Chrome.
- Click on the three-dot menu on the top right side of the browser and select Settings.
- Scroll down to Passwords under the Auto-fill section, and click on it.
- Here, you can see all the saved passwords. If you have accidentally deleted any, look for a banner at the top of the page that says ‘Undo changes’ or similar.
Click on it to recover your deleted passwords.
If you’re unable to recover your passwords using this method, then it’s likely that Google Chrome has already synced the changes to your Google Account. In this case, you can try the second method.
Method 2: Reverting Chrome to an Older Version
In this method, you’ll need to revert Google Chrome to an older version where the passwords were still present. Here’s how to do it:
- Uninstall your current version of Google Chrome.
- Download an older version of Google Chrome from a trusted source.
- Before installing the older version, ensure that you disable automatic updates to prevent Chrome from updating to the latest version.
Note: This method carries some risks. Older versions of Chrome may have security vulnerabilities. Also, there’s no guarantee that your passwords will still be there after you revert to an older version.
Method 3: Using a Third-Party Software
If the above methods don’t work, you can consider using a third-party software. There are several data recovery tools available that can help you recover deleted passwords from Google Chrome.
One such tool is Nirsoft ChromePass. This tool can help you recover lost or deleted passwords from Google Chrome’s password manager. However, please use such tools carefully and at your own risk.
Remember, the best way to avoid losing your passwords is to keep a backup. Consider using a password manager to store your passwords securely. Also, regularly backup your Chrome data to avoid any future losses.
With these methods, you should be able to recover your deleted passwords from Google Chrome. Good luck!