Printing mailing labels from Google Sheets can be a time saver for businesses and individuals alike. It eliminates the hassle of manually writing each address and ensures accuracy, saving you time and effort. In this article, we are going to guide you through a simple step-by-step process to help you print mailing labels directly from Google Sheets.
Step 1: Prepare Your Google Sheets Document
To start with, ensure your Google Sheets document is in the correct format. It should have columns for each piece of data you want to include on your labels (for instance, first name, last name, street address, city, state, and zip code) and a row for each address you want to print.
Step 2: Install Avery Label Merge Add-on
Next, we’ll be using an add-on called Avery Label Merge to merge our data with Avery’s design and print technology. To install this, follow these steps:
- Click on Add-ons in the Google Sheets top menu.
- Select Get add-ons.
- In the search box, type in Avery Label Merge and hit enter.
- Click on the add-on in the search results and hit Install.
- You’ll need to authorize the add-on to access your Google Sheets data. Click on Continue to do this.
Step 3: Merge Data to Create Labels
Once you’ve installed the Avery Label Merge add-on, you can use it to combine your data with a label format. Here is how:
- Go to the Add-ons menu and select Avery Label Merge > New Merge.
- Select the type of project you want to create (in this case, Labels).
- Select the Avery product number for the labels you’re using.
- Choose the data you want to include on your labels.
- Create your label layout.
- When you’re happy with your layout, click on Merge to create a new Google Docs document with your labels.
Step 4: Print Your Labels
Now that your labels are created, you can print them:
- Open the Google Docs document with your labels.
- Click on File > Print.
- Choose your printer and settings, then click on Print.
Printing mailing labels from Google Sheets is a convenient and efficient way to handle large quantities of mail. By using the Avery Label Merge add-on, you can easily create and print labels without needing any special equipment or software. We hope this guide has been helpful!