ISO files are disk image files that contain the exact replica of a CD or DVD, including the file system and all its contents.
In this blog post, we will guide you through the process of opening an ISO file in Windows 7.
Method 1: Using a Third-Party Software
Since Windows 7 does not have built-in support for mounting or burning ISO files, you will need to use a third-party software
for this purpose. One such popular software is PowerISO. Here’s how you can use PowerISO to open an ISO file in Windows 7:
- Download and install PowerISO on your Windows 7 computer.
- Open PowerISO by double-clicking on its icon.
- Navigate to the File menu and click on Open.
- Browse to the location where the ISO file is saved, select it, and click Open.
- The contents of the ISO file will now be displayed in PowerISO.
- You can explore the contents of the ISO file and extract the files you need by dragging and dropping them to the desired location on your computer.
Method 2: Burning the ISO file to a CD/DVD
If you want to access the contents of the ISO file on a physical disc, you can burn the ISO file to a CD or DVD using a
third-party software like ImgBurn. Here’s how:
- Download and install ImgBurn on your Windows 7 computer.
- Insert a blank CD or DVD into your computer’s optical drive.
- Open ImgBurn by double-clicking on its icon.
- Select the Write image file to disc option.
- Click on the Browse for a file icon and select the ISO file you want to burn.
- Choose the burning speed and other settings as per your preference.
- Click on the Write button to start the burning process.
- Once the process is complete, the CD/DVD will be ejected automatically. You can now access the contents of the ISO file on the burned disc.
In conclusion, opening an ISO file in Windows 7 requires the use of third-party software like PowerISO or ImgBurn. By following the steps outlined above, you should be able to easily access the contents of your ISO files in no time.