With over 2.7 billion monthly active users as of the second quarter of 2020, Facebook has become a platform where people connect and share information. If you are new to Facebook or have been away for a while, you may need some guidance on how to open Facebook. Here’s a step by step guide to help you navigate this process.
Opening Facebook on a Web Browser
Opening Facebook on your web browser is quite straightforward. Follow the steps outlined below:
- Type www.facebook.com in your web browser’s address bar and hit Enter on your keyboard.
- You will be directed to Facebook’s homepage. If you have an account, enter your email address or phone number and password in the designated fields and click on ‘Log In’.
- If you do not have an account, click on ‘Create a New Account’ and follow the instructions to set up your Facebook profile.
Opening Facebook on a Mobile Device
If you are using a mobile device, you can open Facebook by using its dedicated app.
- Download and install the Facebook app from Google Play Store for Android devices or the App Store for iOS devices.
- Once the app is installed, tap on the Facebook icon to open it.
- If you already have an account, enter your login details and tap ‘Log In’. If you do not have an account, tap on ‘Sign Up’ and follow the prompts to create your account.
If you forget your password, click on ‘Forgotten password?’ and follow the instructions to reset it.
Opening Facebook is a simple process that can be done on both a web browser and a mobile device. Whether you’re a new user or just need to log back in, you can follow these steps to get started with connecting and sharing on Facebook.