Instagram, one of the world’s leading social networking platforms, continues to innovate its features to provide a better user experience. One feature, which is gaining popularity, is the ‘Vanish Mode’. Unlike traditional messaging, the vanish mode allows users to have a more private conversation. In this post, we will guide you on how to turn on vanish mode in Instagram.
What is Vanish Mode?
Instagram’s Vanish Mode is a feature that allows users to send messages that disappear automatically once they’re viewed or when the chat window is closed. This is a handy option for those who want their conversations to remain confidential and do not want evidence of it to remain in their direct messages.
How to Enable Vanish Mode
- Open your Instagram app and tap on the paper plane icon at the top right corner of your screen to access your direct messages.
- Select the conversation where you want to use the vanish mode.
- Swipe up on your mobile screen within the chat. A message will appear saying “Turn on Vanish Mode”.
- Tap on “Turn on Vanish Mode” to activate the feature.
You can also turn off the vanish mode within the chat by swiping up again and tapping on “Turn off Vanish Mode”.
Things to Remember
- The other participant will be notified when you enable and disable vanish mode.
- If someone takes a screenshot of your chat in vanish mode, Instagram will notify you.
- Vanish mode only works in private, one-on-one conversations. It isn’t available for group chats.
With Instagram’s Vanish Mode feature, you can now have more private and secure conversations. Remember to use it wisely and respect the privacy of others. Happy Instagramming!