In today’s digital world, PDF (Portable Document Format) has become the go-to choice for sharing and storing documents. It is a universal file format that preserves the fonts, images, and layout of any source document, making it easier to view and print on any device. Microsoft Print to PDF is a handy built-in feature in Windows that allows you to save any printable document as a PDF file. Unfortunately, Windows 7 does not come with this feature by default. However, don’t worry! In this blog post, we will walk you through the steps to enable Microsoft Print to PDF on Windows 7, so you can easily save your documents as PDF files.
Step 1: Download and Install a PDF Printer
Since Windows 7 does not include the Microsoft Print to PDF feature, you will need to install third-party software to add a PDF printer to your system. There are many free and paid PDF printers available, but we will use doPDF in this tutorial, as it is easy to use and works seamlessly with Windows 7.
- Visit the doPDF website at https://www.dopdf.com/ and click on the “Download” button.
- Once the installer has been downloaded, double-click on it to start the installation process.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install doPDF on your system.
Step 2: Print to PDF using doPDF
Now that doPDF is installed on your system, you can use it to print any document as a PDF file. Here’s how to do it:
- Open the document you want to save as a PDF file in its respective application (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Click on the File menu and select Print. Alternatively, you can use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + P.
- In the Print dialog box, choose doPDF as your printer.
- Click on the Print button.
- A new window will open asking you to select a location to save your PDF file. Choose your desired location, enter a name for your PDF file, and click on the Save button.
- Wait for a few seconds as doPDF converts your document into a PDF file. Once the process is complete, your new PDF file will be saved in the location you chose earlier.
Now you know how to enable Microsoft Print to PDF on Windows 7 using doPDF. While it may not be the built-in solution that comes with later versions of Windows, doPDF is a reliable and easy-to-use alternative that gets the job done. With doPDF installed on your system, you can now easily convert any printable document into a PDF file, making it easy to share and store your important documents.