Images can play a pivotal role in enhancing your Google Slides presentation by making it more visually appealing. However, at times, you may want your images to blend more seamlessly into your slides. One way to achieve this is by making your images transparent. In this tutorial, we will guide you step by step on how to make a picture on Google Slides transparent.
Steps to Make a Picture on Google Slides Transparent
Making an image transparent on Google Slides is straightforward and doesn’t require expert designing skills. You just need to follow the steps below:
- Open your Google Slides presentation and navigate to the slide where you want to add a transparent image.
- Click on Insert > Image to upload your preferred image.
- Once your image is uploaded, click on it to select it.
- After selecting the image, go to the toolbar and find the Image options… function.
- Clicking on Image options… will open a sidebar on the right. Here, you will find the transparency slider under the Adjustments section.
- Drag the transparency slider to adjust your image’s transparency level as desired. The further right you go, the more transparent your image will become.
Adjusting the Transparency of a Specific Part of an Image
Google Slides does not natively support adjusting the transparency of a specific part of an image. However, there’s a workaround for this using an image editing tool, such as Adobe Photoshop or GIMP. Here’s a basic process:
- Open your image in your preferred image editing tool.
- Select the part of the image you want to make transparent and adjust its opacity.
- Save the image in a format that supports transparency, such as PNG.
- Upload the edited image to your Google Slides presentation following the same steps we went through earlier.
By following these steps, you’ll be able to make your images on Google Slides transparent and thus, add a professional touch to your presentations. Happy designing!