Google Slides is a standout amongst other tools for creating presentations. One of the many features that make it so flexible is the ability to add a border on slides. This may sound like a minor detail, but it’s actually a significant way to make your slides pop and appear professional. Let’s explore how to do this.
Method 1: Using the Shape Tool
One way to make a border is by using the Shape tool available in Google Slides. Here’s how:
- Open your Google Slides presentation and select the slide where you want to add a border.
- Click on the ‘Shape’ button on the menu bar.
- Hover over ‘Shapes’ and then select ‘Rectangle’ from the options.
- Draw the rectangle shape over the slide. Make sure to adjust it to your desired size to look like a border.
- Click on the ‘Fill color’ button and select ‘Transparent’.
- Finally, to make the border visible, click on the ‘Border color’ button and choose your preferred color.
Method 2: Using an Image as a Border
You can also use an image as a border on Google Slides. Here’s how:
- Select the slide you want to add a border to.
- Click on the ‘Background…’ button on the toolbar.
- A dialog box will appear. Click on the ‘Choose’ button next to ‘Image’.
- Select the image you want to use as a border from your device or Google Drive.
- Click on the ‘Done’ button to apply the changes.
Method 3: Using the Table Tool
Another way to create a border is by using the Table tool. Here’s how:
- Select the slide where you want to add a border.
- Click on the ‘Table’ button on the menu bar.
- Choose a 1×1 table, then draw the cell over the slide to create a border.
- Click on the ‘Border color’ button and choose your preferred color.
- Finally, adjust the border weight to your liking from the ‘Border weight’ menu.
These are just a few methods to make a border on Google Slides. Experiment with different shapes, colors, and images to find the look that suits your presentation the best. Remember, the key to a successful presentation is to keep it simple yet attractive. So, strike the right balance with your borders!