Adjusting your screen brightness is essential to reduce eye strain and conserve battery life while using your computer. Windows 11 provides multiple ways to tweak the brightness settings to suit your preferences. In this blog post, we will discuss different methods to lower the brightness on Windows 11.
Method 1: Using the Quick Settings Panel
The quickest and easiest way to adjust the brightness is through the Quick Settings panel. Follow the steps below:
- Click on the Notification Center icon located at the bottom-right corner of the taskbar (next to the date and time).
- Click on the Quick Settings button that appears at the top-right corner.
- Use the Brightness slider to adjust the brightness to your desired level. Moving the slider to the left will lower the brightness.
Method 2: Using the Settings App
You can also change the brightness through the Display settings in the Settings app. Here’s how:
- Press Win + I on your keyboard to open the Settings app.
- Select System from the left-hand side menu.
- Click on Display.
- Under the Brightness and color section, find the Brightness slider.
- Move the slider to the left to lower the brightness.
Method 3: Using Keyboard Shortcuts
Many laptops and some desktop keyboards have dedicated keys to adjust screen brightness. Look for keys with sun icons or screen symbols on your keyboard. Press the corresponding key along with the
Fn key (if necessary) to lower the brightness:
- Fn + F1/F2 or Up/Down Arrow (varies depending on your keyboard layout)
Method 4: Using the Mobility Center
If you are using a laptop, Windows Mobility Center provides an additional option to adjust the brightness:
- Press Win + X to open the Power User menu.
- Select Mobility Center from the list.
- Find the Display brightness slider and move it to the left to lower the brightness.
Method 5: Using Third-Party Applications
Finally, you can use third-party applications such as Twilight Screen Dimmer or f.lux to automatically adjust the brightness and color temperature based on the time of day. These applications can help reduce eye strain by adapting the screen brightness to your environment and usage patterns.
Now you know several ways to lower the brightness on Windows 11. Choose the method that works best for you and enjoy a more comfortable computing experience!