Instagram allows users to block other users with whom they do not wish to interact, and this feature is employed by many for various reasons. But what if you suspect you’ve been blocked? There’s no direct notification from Instagram about being blocked by someone. However, there are ways to figure out if someone has blocked you. In this post, we will guide you through the steps to determine if you have been blocked on Instagram.
Checking the User’s Profile
One of the most straightforward ways to find out if you’ve been blocked is to check the user’s profile. The steps are as follows:
- Open the Instagram app on your device.
- Tap on the magnifying glass icon at the bottom of the screen to access the ‘Search’ option.
- Type the username of the person you suspect has blocked you in the search bar.
- If you cannot find the username or if you can see the profile but the posts are not visible, then it’s possible that you have been blocked.
However, this method is not foolproof as a user may have just changed their username or made their profile private.
Checking Your Direct Messages
If you have previously had a conversation with this person in Direct Messages, then this can be another way to check for a block. Here’s how:
- Open your Direct Messages.
- Find the conversation thread with the person of interest.
- If the message says ‘Seen’ but the person’s profile picture is not visible, it implies that they may have blocked you.
Please be aware that this method isn’t always accurate as the person might have just deactivated their profile.
Creating a New Account
If you are still unsure and want to confirm, you can create a new Instagram account and search for the user. If you are able to find and view their profile from the new account, but not from your primary account, this strongly suggests that you have been blocked.
Note: Multiple Instagram accounts should be used responsibly. Misuse can lead to consequences such as account suspension.
Use an Instagram Blocking App
There are certain apps available on the Google Play Store and the Apple App Store that can help you find out who has blocked you on Instagram. However, it’s very important to read the reviews, check the permissions these apps require, and use them responsibly due to privacy concerns.
In conclusion, while Instagram doesn’t provide a direct feature to see who has blocked you, there are several ways to deduce it. However, if you find yourself frequently checking who has blocked you, it might be worth reflecting on your interactions on the platform. Social media should be a tool for positive interaction, not a source of stress or disagreement.