Google Slides is a versatile tool for creating engaging presentations. However, maintaining consistency in font style across the entire deck can sometimes be tricky. This blog post will guide you through the process of keeping the same font in all your Google Slides presentations. The key here is setting a default font for your presentation.
Setting the Default Font
So, how do you set a default font? Follow these steps:
- Open your Google Slides presentation.
- Select the text box in a slide where you want to apply the new default font.
- Click on the font drop-down menu located on the toolbar at the top of the screen.
- Choose your preferred font from the list. If the font you want isn’t there, you can click on “More fonts…” at the top to find other available options.
Now that you have chosen your preferred font, the next step is to set it as the default font for slide text across the entire presentation.
Applying the Default Font across All Slides
To ensure that all your slides maintain the same default font, you need to update the “Master Slide”. This is the slide that controls the formatting of all other slides in your presentation. Here’s how:
- Click on the “Slide” menu at the top of the screen and select “Edit master”.
- In the master slide view, click on the text box where you want to apply your default font.
- Then apply the font choice in the same way as described in the first section.
- Once you have made the change, click on the “X” at the top right corner of the screen to return to your normal slide view. Now, all your existing text boxes and newly added ones will have the same default font.
And voila! You’ve successfully set and applied a default font for your entire presentation. Keep in mind that these steps apply only to text boxes. To change the font of titles or subtitles, you need to select and change them separately in the master slide view.
Reverting to the Original Font Settings
If you want to revert to the original font settings, simply go back to the master slide view and select the default font from the drop-down menu.
Maintaining font consistency in your presentation is crucial for creating a visually cohesive slide deck. Using a default font ensures that your text remains uniform, boosting readability and leaving a professional impression on your audience. Google Slides makes this process easy, giving you more time to focus on crafting your content!