Whether you are a student, a professional, or a casual user of Google Docs, comments can play a critical role in your collaborative work. They foster productive discussions, flag errors, and provide valuable insights. However, it’s not always intuitive how to keep comments on Google Docs. In this tutorial, we’ll guide you through the process.
Leave A Comment
The first step is to make a comment. Here’s how to do it:
- Open your Google Doc.
- Select the text you wish to comment on.
- Right-click on the highlighted text and click ‘Comment’.
- Type your comment in the box that appears on the right-hand side.
- Click ‘Comment’ to post.
How to Keep Comments
All comments made in a Google Doc are kept until they’re deleted, even after the document is closed. Google Docs does not automatically delete your comments. However, users can manually delete comments they’ve created. To prevent this, follow these steps:
- Right-click the comment you wish to keep.
- Select ‘Link to this comment…’
- A unique URL will be generated.
- Save this URL somewhere safe. As long as you have this URL, you can access the comment, even if it’s deleted from the document.
Keeping comments on Google Docs is as simple as that! Whether you’re collaborating on a project, editing a document, or just want to make sure your comments don’t disappear, this simple guide will ensure your comments stay put. Happy collaborating!