In this blog post, we will guide you through the process of joining your Windows 10 device to Azure Active Directory (Azure AD). Joining Azure AD enables centralized management of your device and user identities, making it easier for organizations to control access to resources and maintain security.
- A device running Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise, or Education.
- An Azure subscription with an active Azure AD tenant.
- A user account with the Global Administrator role in Azure AD.
Step 1: Set up Azure AD
Before you can join your device to Azure AD, you need to set up your Azure AD tenant. To do this, follow these steps:
- Sign in to the Azure portal with your Global Administrator account.
- In the left-hand menu, click on Azure Active Directory.
- Click on Devices.
- Under Device settings, configure the settings according to your organization’s requirements.
Step 2: Join your Windows 10 device to Azure AD
Now that your Azure AD tenant is set up, you can join your Windows 10 device to it. Follow these steps:
- On your Windows 10 device, open the Settings app by pressing the
Win + Ishortcut or clicking on the gear icon in the Start menu.
- Click on Accounts.
- Click on Access work or school.
- Click on + Connect.
- In the Set up a work or school account window, click on Join this device to Azure Active Directory.
- Enter your Azure AD Global Administrator email address and click Next.
- Enter your password and click Sign in.
- Review the information about your Azure AD tenant and click Join.
- Your device will now restart to complete the Azure AD join process.
Step 3: Verify that your device is joined to Azure AD
After your device has restarted, you can verify that it has been successfully joined to Azure AD by following these steps:
- Open the Settings app on your Windows 10 device.
- Click on Accounts.
- Click on Access work or school. You should now see your Azure AD account listed under your connected accounts.
If your account is listed, congratulations! You have successfully joined your Windows 10 device to Azure AD.
Joining your Windows 10 device to Azure AD enables centralized management of your device and user identities, making it easier for organizations to control access to resources and maintain security. By following the steps outlined in this blog post, you can join your device to Azure AD and take advantage of its many benefits. Happy managing!