Google Slides is a fantastic tool for creating presentations. It’s free, easily accessible, and comes with a host of features that can help you create professional-looking presentations. One such feature is the ability to add a soundtrack to your slides. Whether it’s a motivational tune during a corporate presentation or a romantic number for a special occasion slideshow, the ability to add music can give your Google Slides presentations an edge. Let’s walk through the steps of adding music to your Google Slides presentation.
Adding Music from YouTube
Currently, Google Slides doesn’t support direct audio file uploads. Instead, you can embed videos from YouTube to play your chosen audio. Here’s how:
- Open a new tab and go to YouTube. Find the music track you want to use and copy its URL.
- Go back to your Google Slides, select the slide where you’d like the music to start playing.
- Click on Insert in the menu at the top, then select Video.
- Paste the URL of the YouTube video in the pop-up box, then click Select.
You’ll see a video box on your slide, which you can resize and move around. You can also adjust when the music starts by clicking on the video and selecting Format options > Video playback > setting your desired start and end time.
Adding Music from Google Drive
If you’re not satisfied with using YouTube or if your chosen music isn’t available there, you can also utilize Google Drive.
- Upload your audio file to Google Drive. Make sure it’s in an mp3 or WAV format.
- Once your audio file is uploaded, right-click on it and select Get shareable link.
- Open a new tab and paste the shareable link. This will open the audio file in a new tab.
- Copy the URL of this new tab.
- Head back to your Google Slides presentation and click Insert -> Audio.
- In the Insert audio window that appears, paste the URL into the search box, then click Select.
This will insert an audio icon into your slide, which you can click to play your audio.
And there you have it! Those are the main methods you can use to add music to your Google Slides. Remember, the key to a great presentation is not just having great content, but also engaging your audience in multiple ways. Adding music is just one of those ways, so don’t be afraid to get creative!