Google Maps is an incredible tool that helps us navigate our way around the world. With its detailed satellite images, you can virtually visit any location worldwide. Besides providing driving directions, it can also furnish us with specific addresses. In this blog post, we’ll walk you through the steps on how to get an address on Google Maps.
Find an Address on Desktop
Follow the steps below to find an address using Google Maps on your desktop computer:
- Open Google Maps on your web browser.
- Type the name of the location or the area in the search bar and press Enter.
- The map will take you to the location. Right-click on the exact spot you’re interested in.
- A list will appear on your screen. Click on “What’s here?”
- A box with the coordinates and the address of the location will appear at the bottom of your screen.
Find an Address on Mobile
If you’re using the Google Maps app on your smartphone, follow these steps:
- Open the Google Maps app on your mobile device.
- Tap on the search bar and type the name of the location or area.
- Once the map takes you to the location, press and hold on your screen to drop a pin on the exact spot you’re interested in.
- Swipe up from the bottom of your screen, and you’ll see the address of the location.
Get Coordinates from Google Maps
Along with the address, Google Maps can also provide you with the coordinates (longitude and latitude) of a location. Here’s how to do it:
- Follow the steps as mentioned above to find an address.
- Once the box appears at the bottom (desktop) or you swipe up from the bottom (mobile), you can see the coordinates.
- The first value is the latitude, and the second one is the longitude.
This can come in handy when you need the exact location of a place. You can then use these coordinates in GPS devices or any platform that supports geographic coordinates.
In a world where digital navigation is a necessity, Google Maps proves to be an invaluable tool. Not only does it guide us along paths, but it also provides detailed information about every nook and cranny of our planet. So, next time you need an address or want to know your exact location coordinates, you know Google Maps has got you covered!