Every effective presentation starts with a compelling theme. Through the use of Google Slides, you can choose from an array of pre-made themes or even create your own. This guide will walk you through the steps to get a theme on Google Slides, helping you create visually appealing presentations that captivate your audience.
Choosing a Pre-made Theme
Google Slides offers a variety of pre-made themes that can be applied to your presentation with just a few clicks.
- Start by opening Google Slides and create a new presentation. You can do this by going to the Google Slides homepage and clicking on + New Presentation.
- Once your new presentation is open, go to the menu bar and select Slide then Change theme.
- A sidebar will appear on the right with a variety of themes to choose from. Simply click on the one you want to apply it to your presentation.
- Click X at the top right of the sidebar to close it. Your chosen theme is now applied to your presentation.
Creating a Custom Theme
If you prefer to create a personalized theme for your presentation, Google Slides also provides tools that allow you to customize your own theme.
- Open a new presentation and navigate to the menu bar. Select Slide then Edit Master.
- This will open a new screen showing the master slide (the main slide) and the layouts linked to it. Any changes made to the master slide will affect all the layout slides.
- To customize your theme, you can add images, change colors, modify fonts, and adjust other design elements as you wish. When you’re happy with your custom theme, click X at the top right to close the editor.
- Your custom theme is now applied to your presentation. Remember, you can always go back to Edit Master to tweak your theme if necessary.
It’s important to remember that the theme you choose or create sets the tone of your presentation. Therefore, ensure that it aligns with your content and audience. Now that you know how to get a theme on Google Slides, you can start creating dynamic and engaging presentations!