Delivering engaging and interactive presentations in an online learning environment can be a challenging task. However, platforms like Canvas and Google Slides can work together to help educators create a dynamic learning environment. In this blog post, I will guide you through the process of embedding Google Slides into a Canvas course.
Step 1: Prepare Your Google Slides
First, you need to have your Google Slides presentation ready. To ensure that everyone can view the presentation, the privacy setting should be set to “Anyone with the link can view”. Here’s how to do it:
- Open your Google Slides presentation.
- Click on the Share button at the top right corner.
- In the pop-up window, click on Change to anyone with the link.
- Click on the Copy link button to copy the link of the presentation.
Step 2: Get the Embedding Code
Next, you will need to get the embed code for your Google Slides presentation:
- While in your Google Slides presentation, click on File on the top menu.
- Scroll down and hover over Publish to the web.
- In the pop-up window, click on the Embed tab.
- Choose your desired presentation size and auto-advance setting from the dropdown menus. Then, click on the Publish button.
- A pop-up will appear with an iframe code. Copy this code as you will need it in the next step.
Step 3: Embed Your Google Slides in Canvas
Now that you have your Google Slides embed code, you can add it to your Canvas course:
- Log into Canvas and navigate to your course.
- Go to the page where you want to embed the Google Slides presentation.
- Click on the Edit button to open the page editor.
- Click on the HTML Editor link (usually on the top right corner).
- Paste the iframe code you copied earlier into the HTML editor.
- Click on the Save button.
Your Google Slides presentation should now be embedded in your Canvas course! Students can now view the presentation directly on the Canvas page, making the learning process more seamless and interactive.
Note: If you make changes to your Google Slides presentation after embedding it, those changes will automatically update on the Canvas page.
I hope you found this guide helpful! Embedding Google Slides into Canvas can greatly enhance your online teaching and learning experience. Happy teaching!