There are numerous situations when you might want to download a video from a website. Whether it’s for offline viewing, editing, or personal archiving, it’s crucial to know how to do it. Fortunately, Google Chrome offers several ways to accomplish this. This tutorial will guide you on how to download videos from any website using Google Chrome.
Method 1: Using Video DownloadHelper Extension
One of the most reliable methods is to use Chrome extensions, like Video DownloadHelper. Here’s how you can use it:
- Open Google Chrome.
- Go to the Chrome Web Store and search for Video DownloadHelper.
- Click Add to Chrome to install the extension.
- Once installed, navigate to the web page that has the video you want to download.
- Click on the Video DownloadHelper icon in your Chrome toolbar.
- Select the video file you wish to download and click Download.
Method 2: Using Chrome’s Developer Tools
You can also use Google Chrome’s developer tools to download videos. Here’s how:
- Navigate to the web page with the video you want to download.
- Right-click on an empty area and select Inspect.
- Click on the Network tab in the Developer Tools pane.
- Reload the page. You will see a list of items that load on the page.
- Play the video and look for a large file in the Network tab.
- Right-click on that file and select Open in new tab.
- Right-click on the video in the new tab and select Save video as to download it.
Please respect the copyright of video content and only download videos for personal use or when explicitly allowed. Unauthorized downloading or distribution of copyrighted materials is illegal.
Now you know how to download videos from any website using Google Chrome. Enjoy your offline viewing!