With Google Slides, creating, accessing, and sharing presentations has never been easier. But what if you want to share your presentation as a video? Unfortunately, Google doesn’t natively allow you to save your Google Slides as a video directly. However, don’t worry! We have a workaround for you. This blog post will guide you through the process of downloading your Google Slides presentation as a video.
Method 1: Record Your Screen
The simplest way to convert your Google Slides into a video is by recording your computer screen while you run your presentation. There are several screen recording tools available, such as OBS Studio (free), Camtasia (paid), and others.
Here’s how you can do it with OBS studio:
- First, download and install OBS Studio from the official website.
- Next, open your Google Slides presentation and set it up in Present mode.
- Open OBS Studio and set up a new screen capture. Make sure it covers your entire slide area.
Now, here’s the slightly technical part. You’ll set up the screen recording using these steps.
1. Click on the plus button in the Sources box in OBS Studio.
2. Select ‘Display Capture.’
3. Adjust the capture area to match your presentation.
4. Hit the ‘Start Recording’ button.
5. Now switch to your Google Slides presentation and start presenting.
6. Once done, go back to OBS and hit ‘Stop Recording.’
Your video will be saved in the default video folder of your system.
Note:This method will only record the visual elements from your slides. If you want to include audio, like narration or sound effects, you’ll need to ensure your computer’s microphone is set up and working properly before you start recording.
Method 2: Convert to PowerPoint and then to Video
Another method is to first convert your Google Slides into a PowerPoint presentation, then save the PowerPoint as a video.
- Open your Google Slides presentation and click on File > Download > Microsoft PowerPoint (.pptx).
- Open your downloaded .pptx file in Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Go to File > Export > Create a Video.
- Choose your desired video quality and whether to include narrations and timings, then click on Create Video.
Note:This method requires you to have Microsoft PowerPoint installed on your computer. If you don’t have PowerPoint, you can utilize online converters that convert PowerPoint presentations to videos.
There you have it! Two methods to convert your Google Slides into a video. Keep in mind that these are workarounds, and they have their limitations. However, they do get the job done when you need to share your presentation as a video.