Taking a screenshot on your Mac is a great way to capture and share information on your screen. However, sometimes you may want to show only part of your screen. This is where cropping comes in! In this guide, we will take you through the process of cropping a screenshot on your Mac.
Method 1: Using the Screenshot Toolbar
The easiest way to crop a screenshot directly is using the built-in Screenshot Toolbar in macOS Mojave and later versions. Let’s walk through the steps below:
- Press Command + Shift + 5 on your keyboard to open the Screenshot Toolbar.
- Choose the type of screenshot you want to take. You can either capture the entire screen, a window or a selected portion.
- If you choose the selected portion, you can resize the selection box to crop the screenshot to your desired area before capturing.
- Press the Capture button to take your screenshot.
Method 2: Using Preview
If you have already taken a screenshot and want to crop it, you can use the Preview application on your Mac. Here’s how to do it:
- Open the screenshot in Preview.
- Click on the Select tool in the top menu bar and then drag to select the area you want to keep.
- After you have made your selection, click on Tools from the top menu bar, then click Crop or use the shortcut Command + K.
And that’s it! You have successfully cropped a screenshot on your Mac. Remember to save your cropped screenshot to prevent losing any edits you’ve made.
Cropping screenshots on a Mac is a simple process once you know the steps. Now, you can capture and share exactly what you want on your screen. Happy screenshotting!