AWeber is a popular email marketing platform that allows businesses to send newsletters, promotional emails, and other types of messages to their subscribers. However, over time, your AWeber list may become cluttered with inactive or uninterested subscribers, which can negatively impact your email deliverability rates and overall engagement levels.
Why Clean Your AWeber List?
Cleaning your AWeber list is important for several reasons. Firstly, it helps to improve your email deliverability rates by removing inactive or uninterested subscribers who may be causing your emails to bounce or go to spam folders. Secondly, it can help to increase your overall engagement levels by ensuring that your messages are only being sent to people who are interested in receiving them.
How to Clean Your AWeber List
- Log in to your AWeber account and navigate to the “Subscribers” tab.
- Click on the list that you want to clean up.
- On the right-hand side of the screen, click on the “Segmentation” button.
- Select the criteria that you want to use to segment your subscribers. For example, you could choose to segment based on their last open date or click date.
- Click on the “Create Segment” button and wait for AWeber to generate a list of subscribers who meet your criteria.
- Once the segment has been created, navigate back to the “Subscribers” tab and select the segment that you just created.
- On the right-hand side of the screen, click on the “Delete Subscribers” button.
- Confirm that you want to delete the subscribers in the segment and wait for AWeber to complete the process.
Cleaning your AWeber list is an important task that can help to improve your email deliverability rates and overall engagement levels. By following the steps outlined above, you can easily clean up your AWeber list and ensure that your messages are only being sent to people who are interested in receiving them.