In this blog post, we will be discussing how to change your user name in Windows 10. There are several reasons why you might want to do this, such as creating a more personalized user experience or updating your name due to marriage or another life event. Regardless of the reason, we’ll guide you through the process step by step!
Method 1: Changing the User Name through Control Panel
One way to change your user name in Windows 10 is by using the Control Panel. Follow the steps below:
- Press the Windows key + X on your keyboard and then click on Control Panel.
- Change the View by option to Large icons or Small icons.
- Click on User Accounts.
- Select Change your account name.
- Enter your desired user name in the provided field and click on Change Name.
And that’s it! You have successfully changed your user name through the Control Panel.
Method 2: Changing the User Name through Windows Settings
If you prefer to use Windows Settings, follow these steps to change your user name:
- Press the Windows key + I on your keyboard to open the Settings app.
- Click on Accounts.
- Under the Your info tab, click on the Manage my Microsoft account link. This will open a new browser window.
- Sign in to your Microsoft account if prompted.
- Click on More actions next to your profile picture and choose Edit profile.
- Click on Edit name, enter your new user name, and click on Save.
Please note that this method will change your user name for your Microsoft account, and it will apply to all Microsoft services.
Method 3: Changing the Local Account User Name
If you are using a local account instead of a Microsoft account, you can change your user name by following these steps:
- Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard to open the Run dialog box.
- Type in netplwiz and click on OK.
- Select your local account from the list and click on Properties.
- Change your user name in the User name field and click on OK.
After completing these steps, your local account user name should be changed.
Changing your user name in Windows 10 is relatively simple, and the methods mentioned above should work for most users. If you have any questions or issues, please feel free to leave a comment below, and we’ll be happy to help!