Dependencies are a crucial aspect of project management, as they help ensure that tasks are completed in the correct order and at the right time. In Wrike, dependencies can be easily changed to accommodate any changes in your project plan.
Before we dive into how to change dependencies in Wrike, let’s first understand what dependencies are and why they are important. Dependencies refer to the relationship between two or more tasks that require one task to be completed before another can begin.
Why Dependencies Matter
Dependencies play a critical role in project management as they help ensure that tasks are completed in the correct order and at the right time. By establishing dependencies, you can avoid bottlenecks, delays, and other issues that may arise from tasks being completed out of sequence.
Changing Dependencies in Wrike
Now that we have a better understanding of dependencies, let’s explore how to change them in Wrike. Follow these simple steps to modify the dependencies for your project tasks:
- Open Wrike and navigate to the project or folder where you want to make changes.
- Click on the task that needs a dependency adjustment.
- In the task details panel, locate the “Dependencies” section. This is usually found under the “Schedule” tab.
- To add a new dependency, click on the “Add Dependency” button and select the task that needs to be completed before this one can begin. You can also choose the type of dependency (finish-to-start, start-to-start, or finish-to-finish) based on your project requirements.
- To remove an existing dependency, simply click on the “Remove” button next to the task that needs to be disconnected from this one.
- Once you have made all necessary changes, click on the “Save Changes” button to update your project plan with the new dependencies.
Changing dependencies in Wrike is a straightforward process that allows you to adapt your project plan as needed. By understanding the importance of dependencies and following the steps outlined above, you can ensure that your tasks are completed in the correct order and at the right time, ultimately leading to successful project completion.