In this blog post, we will guide you on how to change the administrator name on your Windows 11 computer. Changing the administrator name can be helpful in various situations, such as personalizing your computer, enhancing privacy, or correcting a typo in the name. The process is simple and can be completed in just a few steps.
Method 1: Change Administrator Name Using Windows Settings
- Press the Windows key + I to open the Windows Settings app.
- Navigate to Accounts > Your info.
- Click on the Manage my Microsoft account link. This will open your Microsoft account in your default web browser.
- Sign in to your Microsoft account if you are not already logged in.
- Click on More actions dropdown, then click on Edit profile.
- Under your name, click on the Edit name link.
- Enter your new name and then click Save.
- Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
Method 2: Change Administrator Name Using Control Panel
- Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box.
- Type control and press Enter to open the Control Panel.
- Set the Control Panel view to Category and click on Change account type under the User Accounts section.
- Select the administrator account whose name you want to change.
- Click on Change the account name.
- Enter the new name and click on Change Name.
- Close the Control Panel and restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
Method 3: Change Administrator Name Using Computer Management
- Right-click on the Start button and select Computer Management.
- Expand the Local Users and Groups tree by clicking on the arrow next to it.
- Click on the Users folder to display the list of user accounts.
- Right-click on the administrator account you want to rename and select Rename.
- Type the new name and press Enter.
- Close the Computer Management window and restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
After following any of these methods, your administrator account name should now be updated. Make sure to restart your computer for the changes to take effect completely. If you face any issues or need further assistance, feel free to drop a comment below.