Canva is an excellent online design tool that is easy to use and highly versatile. One of the features that makes Canva stand out is its extensive selection of fonts. However, you may sometimes need a specific font that is not available in Canva’s library. Luckily, Canva allows you to upload your custom fonts. This blog post will guide you on how to add fonts in Canva for free.
Requirements for Adding Fonts
In order to add your own fonts to Canva, you need to have a ‘Canva for Work’ account. This is Canva’s premium plan. However, there is a workaround for users who are on a free Canva account.
How to Add Custom Fonts in Canva
Follow these steps:
- Login to your Canva account and open the design you’re working on.
- Select the text box where you want to use the custom font and click on the font drop-down menu at the top.
- In the font dropdown menu, scroll down and click on ‘Upload a font’.
- You will be redirected to the brand kit page where you can upload your custom font. Click on ‘Upload a new font’ button.
- Select the font file from your device and click on ‘Open’. Canva supports .ttf and .otf file formats.
A Note of Caution
When uploading custom fonts to Canva, ensure that you have the rights to use the font. If the font is copyrighted, you must have a license to use it.
Workaround for Free Users
If you are a free user and want to use a custom font in your design, you can create an image of the text in the desired font using software like GIMP or Photoshop, and then upload the image to Canva.
Being able to add custom fonts to Canva can bring your designs to life and make them more personalized. By following these steps, you can easily upload your favorite fonts and use them in your Canva designs.